Project 8 was fairly straightforward... three LEDs will have their brightness and color mixed randomly to create other colors. I wired it up on the mini-breadboard that I stuck to the MakerShield... in a few of the photos you may see the GND wire (orange) moving from place to place as I test additional solder joints to make sure the various GND posts are working.
I didn't post a screen capture of the code here - I used the author's code with no modifications required.
I didn't get quite the results that the author achieved... either my LEDs are too bright (or not bright enough in some instances) or the incremental changes are just too difficult to see. Using a white piece of paper to diffuse the colors worked occasionally, but most of the time it was difficult to see any difference.
Still, I understand the code and how it works... this would be one crazy expensive mood lamp, however, if I chose to use an Arduino and 3 LEDs to make something like this!