Thursday, January 13, 2011


Welcome to Hands On - Arduino!

The purpose of this blog will be to provide me a space to document my experiences (via text, photos, and videos) as I work through the new book, "Beginning Arduino" by Michael McRoberts.

The actual work isn't likely to start for a week or so - I've got some housekeeping issues to take care of here before I begin, so please excuse me if the blog "moves around" a bit over the next week as I tinker with the layout, add links, etc...

If you're thinking of following along, feel free! I'd love to have other contributors sharing their results with me - post your comments in the proper Project posting(s) and share with everyone else if you can. Just grab a copy of the book, order yourself an Arduino Uno, and get to reading.

More to come...


  1. Good luck with the new blog, I am looking forward to read about your experiments :-)

    Good wishes from Denmark

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. OK... first, my apologies for removing my first comment. I wanted to modify it, but delete and replace seemed to be my only option. I didn't realize Blogger would leave a "this post has been removed..." remnant.

    Anyway, the issue I had in Project 5 was because of a modification I had made to the code, and was not caused by using byte instead of int. I won't repeat the details here since it was my mistake and not the book author's error.

    Thanks for keeping this blog - looking forward to following along!