Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Project 26 - Dual Servo Control

This is an extremely simple project to put together - and I love it. I've had this idea in my head for a while to build my own humanoid robot with servo motors and now that I see what's involved in terms of programming I'm not so worried... I think now I'll be able to focus on the design and how the servo's are mounted and interact.

One thing I like about all these servo motors I'm seeing is how much standardization there is with wiring and mounting options (screw sizes and such).

I've got another project I'm working on right now - co-authoring a book titled "Printing in Plastic: Build Your Own 3D Printer" with Patrick Hood-Daniel. The book should be out in mid-May (just in time for Maker Faire in California where Patrick and I will be demo'ing the 3DP and showing off copies of the book... maybe selling copies if MFaire lets us) and I can't wait to start using it to prototype mounting brackets for my own robot...

Anyway... Project 26 worked - the video will show you how you use the Serial Monitor to send L and R (left and right motors) values, 0 to 180, to rotate the servos. Fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment